Sunday, June 26, 2011

Analysis: Result For Degree Part – 1

Capture

Praise to God that I scored my final exam on which the result has been announced two weeks ago. I did not believe myself that I can achieve Dean’s List for my first semester in degree by achieving grade point of accumulation by 3.71. To tell you the truth, I did not put much hope to obtain a 3.00 pointer what more to obtain a 3.50.

I did struggle to finish my assignments and work my ass off to do my assessments but it is just merely to meet the carry marks which were 60 percent over 100. Hence, I did my best by delivering the best and only the best from me until the others started to see my quality piece of work as a benchmark for them to deliver something which is much better. I see it as an honor but at the same time putting the pressure on me to deliver something good both to my lecturers and my classmates.

Alas, the struggle did pay off but at the same time I did fool around especially with the gap that has been given for us to prepare for the final exam which is three weeks long that I actually spent the time to roam around K.L with Yaya. So I might as well state that for last semester result, it is merely more to luck than earned. Thus, I have to get rid the joy so I would not be in the comfort level which can cause me a lot of trouble coping next semester’s subject.

By recalling on how I performed last semester, I will explain one by one on why I got the result of the subjects as it is.

1. COM 410 - INTRODUCTION TO MASS COMMUNICATION

RESULT – A

As this subject were being taught by one of the most scariest lecturer in Mass Communication faculty, it is always being quite tense in her class because she stressed upon the behavior of the students which according to her was not up to her desire. Hence, every assignments; whether it is individual or group project; I want to make sure that it is being done as best as I could. Furthermore, this subject is actually about the media which I encountered every day. It is just to understand on how the media works and let your observation and deduction do the rest.

2. COM 411 – NEWS WRITING AND REPORTING

RESULT – A

I do think that it is not only me whom obtained this grade as we were being taught by a lecturer who is more believed in practical approach rather than theory. For her, it is the best to teach the students by giving them a hands-on because according to her it would leave a permanent imprint within the students and I do believe her way is quite good because as a student majoring in interpersonal, we need to go out there and obtained feedback since it is a reciprocal process.

3. COM 412 – PHOTO COMMUNICATION

RESULT – A+

I could say that this subject is quite tough since its deal about the impression and the way on how well I see the esthetic value within those pictures. My lecturer told me that I have the talent but I do believe that my talent is still raw. It is up to me to develop it to create a stunning and beautiful picture to be interpreted by the viewer. Since I got an A+ for this subject, it boosts my confidence to snap and create a quality picture in the future.

4. INC 410 – PRINCIPLES OF INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION

RESULT – A-

It is quite a shame that I only obtained an A- for this paper considering this is my core subject but I have myself to blame because I knew that I did not performed well for both of my mid-semester and final paper. The biggest part of the contribution is actually from my assignments and assessment which I believed that I did well in it. Next time, when I took another core subject in Part – 3, I hope that I could do well.

5. LIB 410 – PSYCOLOGY

RESULT – A-

I have to admit that this subject is not my cup of tea as it involved mainly about behavioral study of human. Plus, I rarely paid any attention in class and me just lucky to nail this paper. Last minute study really helps as I totally forgot for what has been taught and did not understand fully that has been presented in front. I will bear in mind next time to be active and giving more participation.

6. PRO 410 – PRINCIPLES OF PUBLIC RELATION

RESULT – B

What can I say? Yes, I do take this subject lightly as the lecturer who taught is was really lenient indeed. Hence, I did not put a serious possible target as I only wanted to pass this paper. That is it and no more than that. But the result is beyond that just a pass but it is acceptable considering I played too much in class; not to mentioned I’m always distracted with the hot girls in class whom always being quite flirtatious sometime.

Perhaps all of my statements for each subject are more to comments rather than an analysis. Yet, I hope I could give you some insights on how you would be next semester to be the best among all. Everybody is smart but not all people are wise in which that is the goal in education which is to be a wise person.

Remember, it is not just about effort. It is about on how you want to develop yourself for your future.

No comments:

ShareThis