Monday, October 11, 2010

Yayasan Sarawak–Prelims

Last week, from the 6th till the 8th October 2010, Yayasan Sarawak World Style Debate Competition (YSWSDC) was being held in UNIMAS.

Supposedly they held this event last year but due to some problems and conflict, they manage to make it happen after the last YSWSDC was being held in UiTM Sarawak back in 2008.

We sent fours teams consisting Team A; Moon & Naz, Team B; Jeff & Shana, Team C; Paul & Hando and finally Team D; Terence & I. Hamaz; one of our junior; has been paired up with Steven from Swinburne as the swing team.

We also sent Wahid to be as the adjudicator for the event alongside with Dr. Simon. During the last preliminary round, it is B.J who stepped in to replace Wahid due to unavoidable matter.

Frankly speaking, after what has happen in Arau Open, I didn’t put much hope on this tournament. Heck, I didn’t attend the event with a hope to win nor go to the final plus not taking the competition seriously that made Paul quite upset towards me just because of that for a while.

But I do come with confidence and give all my best for my speech; at least that is all what I can do for Terence since he came for the tournament with a high goal; to break to semi-final.

And there we are, putting our as off as I on the first place didn’t being serious about it.

During of Terence’s hope being rupture down to go to semi-final, we were struck as we are the last team who made it. I was moaning due to the fact my mind was on another event tonight and I want to be there on time.

And there it was, with Team C and Team D on both government bench and Swinburne University for both opposition bench, the debate begin.

At the end of the day, it was both Closing Government and Closing Opposition who made it to the final.

As for me; according to many people who watched; I gave a very fiery speech which I didn’t think it was before I see the video myself. According to Terence and Paul, it was my most best speech ever as a debater. I will not kembang hidung about it *sniff snif*.

So UiTM will be have a representative in the finals on the 13th October 2010 in UNIMAS. I as usual didn’t take it seriously because I don’t like to give pressure to myself.

None the less, here’s some pictures during the tournament for you guys to enjoy.

DSC_0007

Her name is Ashreen Norman, from UPM. One of the cuties during the tournament. She remind me a lot to Intan Sabreena and Sharifah Nafisa because she have that both looks.

DSC_0022

Camhoring in the toilet aren’t the way you suppose to utilizing your DSLR, what who’s going to take the picture of myself if it is not me myself?

DSC_0028 (2)

Agnes Lee, from Institut Perguruan Batu Lintang. She made the whole session during one round to be procrastinate since she’s using the terminology in dictionary. By all means, she’s still new and need to learn a lot. I believe that she does learn a lot in the tournament.

DSC_0028 (3)

Our dear VIP went through to the semi-final. As the Opening Government, they really do a quite good job handling the motion but too bad the luck wasn’t on their side. At least they still have the chance to enter YSWSDC next year as for Terence and me are no more eligible since we are in the final next Wednesday.

DSC_0031 (3)

I’ve been tired to face these guys almost for all the prelim rounds. My team had already faced them four times including the final round. If I consider with the public speaking competition which was held alongside with the debate tournament, it has been six time. Including the final, total up is seven times! But seriously, the team consisting a Mauritius guy with a French accent and local Kuching guy, this team is really whopping other team asses during the debate.

DSC_0034 (2)

This is Terence doing his speech for the semi-final. Believe it or not, he has the time to go to the toilet and pee and caused him short of breath due to the fact that he has to run back quickly.

DSC_0037 (3)

Paul with other debaters from other institution. He’s just like to make friends.

DSC_0039

One thing about Terence’s pictures that he always seems to give a rap instead of a speech.

DSC_0050

I do not know what these two are talking but I think they are up to no good since the Communist Messiah is smiling.

DSC_0061

Told you so when he gives his speech, it looks like rapping.

DSC_0064

The Communist Messiah with the holy Red Book of Guidance. This pictures does really suites him.

DSC_0069

Alongside with the UPM debaters. Such a cuties they are. Seriously.

I think that should wrapped these whole thing. Until then, wish UiTM all the best for the finals guys!

2 comments:

Terence aka Teng2 said...

I have to say, the red book photo is one hell of a cool photo for me. I'm going to use it on my fb page. Hehhehe

Lady Kayraf said...

I really like the last photo..such a happy moment.

ShareThis