Wednesday, May 25, 2011

UiTM Sarawak 74th Graduation Convocation

Alhamdulillah, praise to God that finally and officially, I graduated from my Diploma in Plantation and Management (DPIM) study in UiTM Sarawak in its very own convocation held for the second time in its campus.

Three years of strive to obtained a scroll of diploma was being paid handsomely. All the tears, sweat and blood which has been dripped from every single of my pores are now inked on a roll of paper stating my fight to be among the best has finally came true.

When my name was being called to go up to the stage to get my transcript from Pro-Chancellor, Tan Sri Dr. Arsyad Ayub, my heart began to beaten so fast which eventually made me to could not answer the question that was being asked by Tan Sri, “Apa itu D.I.P (What is D.IP) ?”.

My mind could not processed it as my goal was to get that transcript and walk out from the stage without having myself trip. When I finally returned to my seat, then I realized his question was referring to my course, Diploma in Plantation, where as we here in UiTM Sarawak refer it as DPIM which stands for Diploma in Plantation and Management. No wonder I have no clue based on the question he asked me earlier.

When the ceremony ended, my parents congratulated me and I can see the proudness from their facial expression; a scene which is the most worth reminiscence in my memory. Afterwards, I took a graduation studio photo with both of my parents in the same frame; which both of my two previous brother does not experience for their previous Polytechnic convocation.

I will not not wasting my time to show you the pictures that I took since I know you guys are eager to view it.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you; my convocation photos.

DSC_0027  A proud mother and a proud son

DSC_0026Miss Leelajini; who support me along the way throughout my 3 years journey and she is more than a lecturer to me, she is my guardian angel

DSC_0001With the beautiful Jessy Olen

DSC_0002Nadia Darnata, my Public Relation degree classmate

DSC_0022Gorgeous Nisa, my Mass Com mate

DSC_0006Andrie Fadrick, we went the journey together from Primary 1 until pursuing our degree in UiTM

DSC_0015Emmelly, my diploma classmates whom I went the 3-years-journey with

DSC_0003Hasimah Mahdi and Delia Harrison

DSC_0020Hasimah and her beloved, Mutawally Jolhan

DSC_0017Two future in-law families

Unfortunately, I was unable to locate my lecturers who has really gave their best to taught me and shaping me to as what I am right now. I want to take a picture with them as I want to give my full fledge appreciation but none the less, I have Sir Syukri’s Facebook account to thank for the wonderful picture below. Quite weird on how my other classmates able to grab and took pictures with them. Perhaps I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Para pensyarah ladang

From left: Sir Yahustazi, Mr. Zayn Gregory, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Margaret Chan, Sir Ghazali, Madam Hasmah Mohidin, Sir Saharol, Sir Syukrie and Sir Abdul Rahman

Here, I want to express my gratitude towards these two lecturers who really influenced me to continue my passion towards communication study; Associate Professor Dr. Margaret Chan and Mr. Zayn Gregory.

Dr. Margaret opened up my eyes on how important is communication to change starting from an individual up to a community. She taught me the wonderful things about the arts of changing the socio-economy of a community which leads to a great better life for them. Thus, I determine to be a change agent and in order for that to happen, the change must be start from me in which I chose Interpersonal as my new major under the Faculty of Mass Communication for my degree program. She is one of the lecturers who support me to continue my study in interpersonal communication.

As for Mr. Zayn, for me he is the best public speaker in the whole UiTM Sarawak and thanks to his advice and taught, he shown me the incredible way to be a good public speaker which helps me a lot in many debate and public speaking tournament. One of the abilities to influence people is the ability to give a good speech and giving out good body language in which Mr. Zayn are best at. It is not enough for me to attend his lectures, but I also learn from him by observing his style while delivering in class. Perhaps I can say, 90 per cent of my public speaking skills is being nurtured by him subconsciously since my first class with him back in Part-2 of diploma and I really feel thankful to him as right now I’m one of the best public speaker amongst the 1st year students in my new faculty.

Thank you all; my fellow lecturers, classmates and friends from making me as what I am right now and I promise you that one day I’ll be a ‘somebody’ as a shown of my full fledge appreciation towards your support and knowledge that has being given by these wonderful people.

DSC_0014

THANK YOU!

No comments:

ShareThis