Saturday, September 12, 2009

A trip to Lundu

On Friday, when I was having my sleep in my room because of the extremely tiring field work at the farm, Mike called.

“Black, do you have any activity this evening?”

“No, why?” and suddenly I feel a bit of discomfort through the question.

“If you do not have anything else to do, I want you to come with us to Lundu to survey the place for our Family Day project”.

I was thinking before giving the answer because I just want to relax for the whole evening but since it is a big project that has been given to our class by our Programme Chief; hence the answer is “Yes, I’ll meet you around 2 p,m”.

After we sorted out the car rental; btw, we used my licence but it is who Mike who’s driving; Mike, Anna, Farah, Irwan and me headed our way to a 3 hours journey to Lundu.

And if you guys does not know our direction to Lundu; if you realize the map of Sarawak and there’s a place that look just like the tail at the very bottom left, that’s the destination.

After we surveyed from one to another camp site in Lundu, we manage to found one suitable place for it. It’s called Kem Pandan.

DSC05083

From the picture itself, you could see how beautiful and clean the beach are. But pity, for the actual activity that would be held in October, under UiTM outdoor policy, there will be no swimming activity. Sucks? Yes, I know.

DSC05084

The new couple, Anna and Mike walking side by side on a beach for the first time, Looks kind of romantic, isn’t it?

DSC05085

Yours truly are being affectionate towards the beach. If my memory serves me right, it was nine months ago since the last day I set my foot on a beach.DSC05091

See the loving couples behind me? Personally, I think that is the best place for every couple to hang-out way far from the noisy city. Plus, the ambience is near to perfect when you’re talking about getting you’re couple for a walk.

DSC05095

And do not forget guys to take pictures along the way when you’re at the beach. A picture could tell a thousand words.

DSC05096

When I was walking on the beach, I was amazed on this big structure that are just at the centre of the beach. And its height is around two-stories high. Hence, I opt myself to climb the structure and be on “top of the world”.

DSC05097 

To give you a clear picture of the big rock structure, here is the plain picture of it. FYI, it was taken about 30 metres from the structure itself. So, imagine the actual height and mass of it.

DSC05098

What interest me is that the surface structure on the rock due to the erosion that has been made by the ocean tide. By academic fact, the process of this type of erosion takes around more than 20 years to achieve this level of state.

DSC05100

And finally, less than three minutes of hike, I arrived at the top while has the feeling of satisfaction. The best part is where the panorama from up the top is very cool indeed.

DSC05101

If you notice in the picture, the surface of the rock is totally different from the surface of the bottom rock due to the fact that the source of the agent of the erosion is the wind. Since the wind contains water (humidity), thus it takes a long time to create such surface effect of erosion.

That is why the bottom structure suffer more effect than the top because it it cause by physical agent erosion factor; the ocean.

DSC05102

Just imagine my feeling when I have this panorama within my sight on the top of the structure. It was a very great feeling indeed.

DSC05104

The last pose from the top of the world. Love the facial expression.

DSC05105

See the scratch marks on the giant structure. It is called “Rill Erosion”.

DSC05110

Here’s the picture at the jetty in Lundu. Thanks to the uncle who snapped this picture of mine.

DSC05111

Finally, thanks to Irwan and Farah who would tag along in the site survey trip. Btw, they are the new edition of the couple in the class. Sorry for blurting this out you guys.

DSC05112

And also, not forgetting Anna who is the loyal site surveyor for our class together with her hubby cum the driver of the day.

DSC05114

The last credit shall be given to Mike a.k.a our driver for the day and also the Project Manager of the Family Day.

DSC05115

Hope to see you guys again for next post of my journey. From yours truly, have a great day.

No comments:

ShareThis