Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blog as for academic purposes

Yesterday was one of the weirdest days I’ve ever had. Not just people whom I do not recognize saying “Hi” to me but they also added,
“Nice blog you have there Black. Keep that up”,
“It’s pity that you have a bad week Black. But hey, at least you fixed it” and
“Tsk..tsk.. Black, do not care what people thinks okay? Just be careful next time”.
I was like wondering to myself, “Why suddenly people knew the existence of my blog?” As the time goes by plus having quite a busy day, I totally forgotten about it until it went to Miss L’s office.

“Hello Miss L! Is Swinburne here?” because I need to see him for the today’s motion which I doubt there will be one public debate this afternoon.
“No dear. I haven’t seen him today. Why?”
“Nah, it’s just I need to see him for the debate for tomorrow” while grabbed the nearest chair. I’m waiting for Miss L to sit down; mind to you people that it’s rude to sit first before the people superior than you are. For example, your parents, teachers and in this case, a lecturer.
“Did you search for him in the library?”
“Yes, I did but he wasn’t there.”
“Owh, maybe he is already gone back home. Why you don’t just call him then?”
“It’s alright, miss. I’ll call him later” because I don’t want him to pickup the phone in the middle of the road.

“You know what, miss? Today is like the weirdest day ever.”
“Why” while sitting down and at that moment I put my buttock on the chair. Remember; polite and manners.
“Because people kept saying ‘hi’ to me and commented about my blog where as I did not know them. I mean, suddenly why people read my blog? It’s not like I advertise it.”
*silence*
And Miss L goes, “It’s because I’m promoting it!”
I was stunned for a while.
“Why? Why do you promoting it?”
“It is because the content of your blog; referring to the language proficiency; is a good way to teach the students on how to write well and fix the grammatical error. By mean, before this you have quite a number of grammatical error in your post but today I was surprise because in your latest post, there just less grammatical error. So that is why I promote it to my students because they could learn something from there.”
And I was like, “Hence, you wrote down the link to my blog?”
She replied, “Yes I did! I wrote it down and my students like saying, “Okay miss. We will check it out”.”

No wonder people say ‘hi’ to me and commented about my blog. She’s the mastermind behind all this. Hahaha…
Hey, at least the last thing I would want is they come up to me and say, “Black, may I have your autograph?” in front of my friends….

P/S: Do not do that.

No comments:

ShareThis