Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My new lappy....

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you....*drumroll*

My new lappy!!!!!!

Compaq CQ20-317TU
* Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6400 (2.0GHz 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache)
* 2048MB 800MHz / max to 4GB* DDR2 Memory (2048 x 1 pcs)

* 320GB Hard Disk

* 12.1" TFT WXGA high definition widescreen LCD panel with brightview technology
* DVD+/–R/RW Double Layer Drive with LightScribe
* Bluetooth

* Wireless 802.11b/g
* Freedos
* Mobile Intel® GM45 Express chipset
* Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator x4500 (shared)
* ExpressCard/34 slot

* Stereo Speakers
* High Speed 56K modem

* Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN

* Touchpad with 2 way scroll bar
* 3 USB 2.0, HDMI, VGA, RJ-11, RJ-45, 1 Headphone, 1 Microphone,
Compaq Webcam with integrated Digital Microphones
* Integrated SD/MMC card reader

* Standard 4-cell(37Whr)
* 29.6 x 22.6 x 2.8cm (min height)/ 3.6 (max.height)

* With 4 cell battery – 1.68kg
* One year International Limited Warranty (parts/labor/carry-in)
* Free Nylon Carrying Case
*RM2399

Finally, after craving a new laptop since last year and having my eyes on this baby really made feel the happiest person indeed.

FYI, this is the upgrade version from it previous predecessor, CQ20-213TU which the contradict of both model is the old model use T5800 2.0GHz processor, 250GB HD and 1GB RAM.

Where as if you see from the specification above it has T6400 2.0 GHz processor, 320HD and 2GB RAM.

Maybe for the non-computer literate people will ask, "What difference does it make?"

Let me tell you, "It owes big time!!!!"

Higher power processor = Can do multi-tasking job smoothly
Higher HD capacity = More movies, music, pictures & software to be kept
Higher RAM capacity = Ensure the programme that you're running would run smoothly

I asked my father to buy a new laptop according to my specification and model due to the fact that my Dell D600 lappy are in it's 40s. So you guys will know what type of technology I have before I got my hand on this new sunshine.

Plus, knowing he just buy stuff without consulting me; take during the time he bought me the old laptop; could have myself in a great depression due to the fact the laptop that the bought are just expensive but lack in ability to do tasks. That is why when I bring the issue of a new laptop to my father, I told him, "Do not buy yet. Wait for me to give the model, specs and the price; then you'll buy". I know it sounds harsh. But hey, buying laptop is a long-term investment and also I wan to make sure that my father spend his money towards stuff which is rather a deal to the value that he invest. Besides, he's my father. I do not want him to spend his money on something which will make me say, "What a waste".

For four days in a row I had to call my computer dealer to know the update of the new lappy and they always answer me that it will arrive before the end of March. Well, you know what? It did!!!!

I have to took a bus all the way from Kota Samarahan to Wisma Saberkas and luckily there is the last bast which return back to Kota Samarahan. At that same night, I have to stay up till 9.30 a.m in the morning; yes, 9.30 a.m; just to transfer the whole files from two-weeks-of-Farah's-laptop-being-borrowed-by-me to my new lappy.

I tried to connect both laptop using UTP cable to make my file transfer quite easy but unfortunately, I failed due to the lack of knowledge on how to do that.

After it is all done, I went to my class and whole my female classmate were saying, "OMG, Black! It's so cute!!!!"

The lappy is cute!? How but the owner?

Suddenly I think my lappy will draw the attention of the girls, not me....

2 comments:

nia salina said...

oh lappy i lagi cantik dari u.o ye i akan sentiasa membalas di blog orang yang memberi komen supaya dia tahu apa yang i nak sampaikan.kalau di blog i i je yang baca so u tak tahu.anyway betul cakap u tuh.i ramai pembaca sebab i suka blog hopping.sebab i tak ada kerja.i hanya makan gaji buta.apa2 balas di blog i ok.panjang sangat i merepek.i kena berhenti.untuk kebaikan bersama

PaanMFR said...

Bro, what OS u use?
XP or Vista?
if XP do you have the drivers?

tq bro.

ShareThis